Easter tango holidays: 10>16/4/2023 with teachers Marisa & Oliver (B) and Patricia & Matteo (I).
In 2023 we will organize again a tango vacation during the Easter holidays in the sunny, green, beautiful region of Pallanza/Verbania. We will return to our beloved luxurious and stylish Grand Hotel Majestic , where we spent unforgettable summer holidays from 2013 till 2018.
We are very happy to welcome you there again there in the spring, for the less hot and crowded Easter period… While the entire lake coast is in bloom, the surrounding mountains are still covered with fresh white snow. April at the Lago Maggiore is really enchanting, and with a smaller group of participants, we will create an intimate and friendly atmosphere in the Grand Hotel Majestic, where luxury, friendliness and traditional italian cuisine go hand in hand with and panoramic grandeur. From every angle of the hotel you can admire the breathtaking beauty of the Lake Maggiore or the Monte Rosa.
After the successful experiences of the previous years, we will again be staying in the magnificent historic Grand Hotel Majestic**** in Pallanza/Verbania (Piedmont).
Located on the lakeside promenade of the picturesque town of Pallanza, the hotel is surrounded by beautiful, huge florishing gardens. From its privileged position, you have breathtaking views from almost every angle: the surrounding mountains and the Monte Rosa, the splendid Borromeo Islands in front, and the Lake itself all around.
All rooms have a private bathroom with shower, air conditioning, satellite TV, WiFi, a mini bar. About half of the rooms have a stunning lake or mountain view..
The micro climate in this region is mild and sunny in April. The temperatures here are on average around 20° during the day, but there can also be peaks of 25°. The hotel has a small private beach directly on the lake. Although sometimes people already swim in April in the (still fresh) lake water, it is anyway possible to use the indoor heated swimming pool and sauna. The pool area has beautiful sliding glass doors to the astonishing flower garden. A fitness room with modern infrastructure is also available.
The characteristic city of Pallanza is only 1 km away; fashion capital Milan 90 km to the south, Brussels 870 km. The Majestic is easily accessible by car (free parking in front of the hotel), with the train (Verbania) and by airplane (the closest airport is Milano Malpensa, at 70 km.
|Classic room to the back side (only 5 available)||930€ pp|
|Supplement balcony (only 5 available)||15€ pp per day|
|Supplement lake view||25€ pp per day|
|Supplement lake view and balcony||50€ pp per day|
|Supplement double room for single use||50€ pp per day|
|Discount 3 adults in 1 room||-10€ pp per day|
|Child 3 till 12 years in adult room||50%|
> The number of rooms in the standard categories are limited. These will be allocated at the time of booking.
> The tourist tax of 1,50€ pp per day is not included in the above prices.
> Advance to be paid within 4 weeks of booking to Marisa and Oliver: 330€ pp.
> Remaining to be paid to the hotel by bank transfer about 1 month before the holiday.
> EARLY BOOK DISCOUNT: -100€ per couple with payment deposit before 1/12/2022
Cancellation fees in case of cancellation by the participant:
– until 14 days after reservation: 25€ pp.
– from 15 till 30 days after reservation: 50€ pp.
– as of 1 month after reservation until 10th March: 75€ pp.
– after 10th March: 50% of the reserved package.
– after April 1st: the total amount is due, unless a last minute replacement can still be found.
– we strongly advise to take a personal travel insurance that will reimburse you in case of impossibility to come due to illness, a positive Covid test, etc.
Cancellation fees in case of cancellation by the organisation:
– if we have to cancel the tango week because of force majeure (Covid, travel restrictions…), you will receive a voucher for a future tango holiday, or you will be be reimbursed except for a non-refundable administrative fee of 25€ per person to partly cover the upfront organizational work.
Included in the price are:
- Hotel in half board for 6 days/nights in a double room with private bathroom (bath/shower) and toilet, hair dryer, air conditioning, TV, telephone, WIFI, mini bar, safe. The participants have free access to the private beach, the swimming pool and sauna, the garden chairs, the fitness centre, the dance halls…
- Breakfast buffet (until 10h00) and supper with typical Italian menu. Every evening in the magnificent dining room with lake view reserved for the tango group, you will enjoy a varied menu (vegetarian and not) with: salad buffet or first course, main course, side dishes, dessert. 0,25L mineral water and 10,25L wine per person are included in the price.
- The tango workshops: for a total of 12 hours with professional tango teachers Patricia & Matteo and Marisa & Oliver. Those who want to invest more can take private classes with the teachers or, in case there are 2 groups, take more group classes.
- Every evening milonga, and a special ball with an exhibition by the guest teachers.
Not included: trip/shuttle to the hotel, lunches, extras (drinks, snacks…), local tourist tax to pay at the moment of departure (1,50€ pp per day).
The teachers are Marisa van Andel & Oliver Koch – Brussel/B, Al compás del corazón/La Tangueria
After a career in the contemporary dance company Rosas, Marisa & Oliver have been working as a tango couple since 1996, giving workshops and exhibitions all over Europe as well as in the USA and Buenos Aires. They danced in different tango shows in The Netherlands and Belgium and they have trained several of today’s professional tango dancers in Belgium and abroad. They also have vast experience in teaching and organising tango holidays in Italy, France and Austria. Their tango school Al compás del corazón and their milonga in La Tangueria have become a reference for tango in Belgium and abroad.
Patricia Hilliges & Matteo Panero – Firenze/I, Tangoclub & Firenze Tango Festival
We have met this italo-German couple back in the nineties, at the beginning of our respective careers in the tango scene. In addition to our linguistic similarities, we have many more affinities with them and our friendship and esteem has grown with time.
Pat and Mat enrich their elegant tango de salón style with innovative elements, full of fantasy and musicality. They share the tango culture in an atmosphere of friendship and warmth, created through their good mood, their sense of humour, and their charisma.
They worked in several important international Tango Festivals in Italy and abroad and choreographed and danced several shows. Since 1999, Patricia & Matteo lead the “Tangoclub Firenze” and since 2002 they organize the International Firenze Tango Festival. They also have a sound experience teaching in tango holidays all over Europe.
There will be a variety of themes in the classes: tango de salón, tango milonguero, tango fantasia, vals and milonga. The classes will focus on technique, as well as on detailed refinements regarding posture, axis & balance, embrace, foot work, adornos, musicality, leading and following. Students will learn new movements, figures and sequences, but the main goal is to create a more harmonious, comfortable and enjoyable dance.
Up to 15 registered couples, there will be only 1 group for the classes. As of 16 couples, the participants will be divided into 2 groups. The degree of difficulty of the lessons will be decided by the teachers according to the average level of each group. AT the time of registration, participants are asked to detail their experience of tango and the estimated level (neo beginner, intermediate, advanced, very advanced…) .
The tango workshops are taught in a spacious dancing room (Sala Toscanini), with sprung floor and lake view. Generally, the classes take place after breakfast and before dinner, and occasionally in the afternoon. Everybody will have one full day without classes, to have time to explore the region.
A detailed programme of the classes will be sent to the participants about one month before the start of the holidays. The classes will be taught in English. The teachers also speak French, Dutch, German, Spanish and Italian…
Normally the lessons are reserved for the participants of the tango holiday. If, at the end of the registration period, there are still places available, people from outside can also take the lessons à la carte. Also Tango dancers who do not want to follow classes but only want to stay at the preferential rate in the hotel and participate in the milongas can register.
In the evenings there will be milongas in the beautiful dancing hall with sprung floor, big terrace and lake view. A special milonga will be organised during the week with exhibitions. Some of the milongas might be open for outsiders of the tango holidays (after paying entry fee). Previous reservation is compulsory for non hotel guests.
We try to help singles to find a partner for the workshops by bringing them into contact with each other. Once registered as a dance couple, however, it is no longer possible to change partners for the classes. So please verify that the relationship between the two dancers is good before registering as a dance couple.
Aldo for those who wish to find a room mate (eg 2 ladies or 2 men together), we can provide help by bringing singles into contact with each other, but we cannot guarantee that we will find a suitable roommate for everyone.
- Arrival is is foreseen on Easter Monday 10th April before 17h (if there are 2 groups, the first class of group A will start at 17h30, the first class of group B on Tuesday morning), or by 19h (supper is at 19h30).
- Departure is on Sunday 16th April after breakfast.
- For tango guests who want to book extra days (e.g. to profit of the Easter week-end), for tango dancers who only participate in the milongas, and for non-dancers who accompany participants (spouses, children, babysitters…) we have negotiated a discount group price. To benefit of the cheaper conditions, it is compulsory to book via Marisa and not to contact the hotel directly. NB: a small commission of 10€ pp per day is charged by the organization for extra days and for non tango guests who in exchange benefit of the cheaper group prices we negotiated. However, if you book extra days directly at the hotel desk, you will either have to pay the full hotel price, or the commission (10€ per day pp) will be charged to you afterwards, if it turns out that you benefitted of the group discount price. We thank you for your understanding. Be aware to book asap, as last year the hotel was fully booked and additional days were not possible anymore.
- Participants who take the full package of hotel + classes + milongas have priority.
- Small pets are allowed, at an extra charge.
Address and itinerary of the Hotel
Grand Hotel Majestic Pallanza
Via V.Veneto, 32, 28922 Verbania, Italy
Tel: +39 0323 509711 – Fax: +39 0323 556379
GSM: +39 349 800 44 28
Person of contact: Massimo Scarpata
From the north (Belgium, The Netherlands, France, etc)
Go to the south to the Gotthard Tunnel (CH). Shortly (+/- 30 minutes) after the Gotthard Tunnel take exit 47 Bellinzona Sud/Locarno. Take the A13 Locarno Tenero, continue towards Ascona. Enter Italy, then subsequently follow Cannobbio, Cannero Rivera, Ghiffa, Intra, Verbania.
All hotel reservations have to be made only via Marisa. Do not contact the hotel directly if you wish to benefit of the group prices or participate in the tango activities.
To reserve your tango holidays, please send the complete details of both dancers, the chosen dates and your dancing level to Marisa (NL, FR, EN, DE, IT, ES) via firstname.lastname@example.org.
The telephone number is: +32 479 22 86 98.