Week1: Saturday 24/07 > Saturday 31/07/21
- Teachers: Marisa van Andel & Oliver Koch (B) and Patricia Hilliges & Matteo Panero (I).
- Additional neo-beginners group with teachers from La Tangueria (B).
Week 2: Saturday 31/07 > Saturday 07/08/21
- Teachers: Marisa van Andel & Oliver Koch (B) and Selva Mastroti & Marcelo Ramer (I).
- Additional neo-beginners group with teachers from La Tangueria (B).
At the foot of the Italian Alps, the Lake Maggiore is a paradise for a dream vacation. Its surface of 212 km² offers enchanting and romantic landscapes to discover without delay.
One of the pearls of the lake is the characteristic small town of Baveno (Vb, Piedmont), which is famous for its precious pink granite used in several buildings around the world: the Arc de la Paix and the Galleria Vittorio Emanuele of Milan, the columns from the Paris Opera House, Saint Charles Church in Vienna, Christopher Columbus Monument in New York and Bangkok’s Royal Palace… Baveno is next to the lake’s most popular and picturesque town, Stresa, with its prestigious villas, its botanical gardens and of course the famous Borromean islands.
The city of Milan (fashion capital) is located 80 km south, Brussels 870 km north. The area is easily accessible by car, train and plane. The nearest airport is Milano Malpensa (45 km).
In 2021, our groups of tango dancers will be hosted for the first time in the 4* Grand Hotel Bristol) in Stresa, one of the 4 luxurious Zacchera hotels (Hotel Splendid, Hotel Simplon, Grand Hotel Dino) all with privileged positions on the shores of Lake Maggiore and the magnificent Gulf of Borromeo.
Each of these 4* hotels offers magnificent rooms, a gorgeous garden, a beautiful swimming pool and a comfortable dancing room with sprung floor for the classes and the milongas. The highly professional staff, elegance, comfort and facilities will make our stay an unforgettable pleasure. All the hotels of the group have been held in perfect conditions and are more luxurious then the hotels where we stayed previously.
Each hotel is surrounded by large colorful garden with flowers and exotic trees. and has a wonderful private swimming pool with sun loungers, umbrellas and towels.
Spacious private hotel parkings are available at a friendly price. Check out the virtual tour of each hotel.
For the classes and the milongas, the hotels propose a spacious, air conditioned dancing room with wooden floor.
All rooms are equipped with a private bath or shower, air conditioning, satellite TV, WiFi and many of the rooms offer a stunning view over the lake.
Prices are per person, based on 2 persons per room (except for single rooms).
|Standard room (2 persons per room)||1.020€ pp|
|Standard room single supplement||1.370€ pp|
|Extra charge view on the lake or pool||40€ per room/day|
|Extra charge superior room with view on the lake or pool||60€ per room/day|
|NB. Prices for 3rd adult, children, pets, parking, extra days… upon request|
NB. The tourist tax of +/- 2€ pp per day is not included in the above prices.
Deposit to be paid within 4 weeks after booking to the organisation: 350€ pp. The remaining will be charged by the Hotel upon arrival. Your credit card information will be requested by the hotel at the moment of confirmation of the booking, or you will be requested to pay the first night upfront by bank transfer.
– non reimbursable cancellation fee as of 24h after confirmation: 25€ pp (and if the vacation does not take place due to force majeure)
In case of cancellation by the participant (for health reasons or other):
– from 15 till 60 days after reservation: 50€ pp
– after June 15th: 50% of the reserved package
– after July 10th: the total amount is due, unless you propose someone else who takes over your package.
Included in the price are:
- The tango workshops with professional tango teachers at different levels:15 hours of lessons for the advanced groups with 2 couples of international renown teachers, or 7 hours of semi private lessons for the neo-beginners with teachers from La Tangueria.
- Seven evening milongas, sales of tango clothes and shoes.
- Hotel in half board for 7 nights in a double room with private bathroom (bath/shower) and toilet, hair dryer, air conditioning, TV, telephone, WIFI, mini bar, safe. The participants have free access to the the the dancing rooms, the swimming pool, the garden chairs and several other hotel facilities.
- Breakfast (until 10h00) and buffet supper with typical Italian menu. For 7 evenings in the magnificent dining room with reserved for the tango group, you will enjoy a varied buffet (vegetarian and not) with: first course, main course, side dishes, dessert. 1/4 L mineral water and 1/4 L wine per person are included in the price.
- Not included: private hotel parking, trip/shuttle to the hotel (on request), lunches, extras (drinks, snacks…), local tourist tax to pay at the moment of departure.
The organisers and permanent teachers are Marisa & Oliver from Brussels (both weeks). The guest teachers are in the first week Patricia & Matteo from Firenze and the second week Selva & Marcelo from Torino.
Marisa van Andel & Oliver Koch – Brussels/B, Al compás del corazón/La Tangueria
Both weeks: Saturday 24 July > Saturday 7 August 2020.
After a career in the contemporary dance company Rosas, Marisa & Oliver have been working as a tango couple since 1996, giving workshops and exhibitions all over Europe as well as in the USA and Buenos Aires.They danced in different tango shows in The Netherlands and Belgium and they collaborated with outstanding artists, such as Anne Teresa De Keersmaeker, Sidi Larbi Cherkaoui, Jan Fabre, Hubert Damen, Dimitri Leue, Frank Groothof…
They have trained and inspired many of today’s professional tango teachers and dancers in Belgium and abroad. They were part of several international tango festivals and collaborate since 2005 with the Brussels Tango Festival as well as with the Brussels Tango Marathon. They also have vast experience in teaching in and organising tango holidays in Italy, France, Spain and Austria. Their tango school Al compás del corazón and their milonga in La Tangueria have become a reference for tango in Belgium and abroad.
Patricia Hilliges & Matteo Panero – Firenze/I, Tangoclub & Firenze Tango Festival
Saturday 24 July > Friday 30 July.
We have met this italo-German couple back in the nineties, at the beginning of our respective careers in the tango scene. In addition to our linguistic similarities, we have many more affinities with them and our friendship and esteem has grown with time.
Pat and Mat enrich their elegant tango de salón style with innovative elements, full of fantasy and musicality. They share the tango culture in an atmosphere of friendship and warmth, created through their good mood, their sense of humour, and their charisma.
They worked in several important international Tango Festivals in Italy and abroad and choreographed and danced several shows. Since 1999, Patricia & Matteo lead the “Tangoclub Firenze” and since 2002 they organize the International Firenze Tango Festival. They also have a sound experience teaching in tango holidays all over Europe.
NB. This year Patricia & Matteo will have to leave us a day earlier for a job elsewhere. In their place, Selva & Marcelo will teach the Friday classes.
Selva Mastroti & Marcelo Ramer – Torino/I, Proyecto Gricel
Friday 30 July > Saturday 7 August.
Thanks to many recommendations from pupils and colleagues, for the first time in 2016 we invited Marcelo & Selva as teachers for our tango holidays at Lake Maggiore.
They were born in Argentina, and learned the tango in adolescence, where they were trained in Buenos Aires with many of the great masters. They have been a couple for more than 17 years, and have worked worldwide for schools and festivals.
Marcelo & Selva currently live in Turin. Their lessons contained a lot of passion, they passed on their knowledge with spontaneity and simplicity. They start from the deepest roots of the tango, view all its facets, give the basis of technical and complex movements and never see the musicality and harmony within the couple. Given their success, we invite Selva & Marcelo again in 2021 to participate in our tango holidays.
Each week, there will be a small additional group of neo beginners (from 6 months to 2 years of tango experience), with an adapted schedule of 7 hours of semi-private classes given by teachers from La Tangueria Brussels (EN/FR).
The lessons of Marisa & Oliver and the guest teachers are aimed at experienced tango dancers. A minimum 2 years of tango (lessons and practice) are required. The organizers will assess the level of the participants and divide them into 2 groups according to the level.
Each group will have a total of 10 workshops of 90 minutes (15 hours in total, equally taught by the 2 teaching couples: Marisa & Oliver and the guest teaching couple. Since the classes will not be taught at the same time, it is theoretically possible for the most assiduous who would like to have twice the number of classes, to participate in several levels.
For Tango dancers with less than 2 years of tango experience there will be a special , small group. These participants have 7 semi-private classes, taught by La Tangueria teachers.
There will be a variety of themes in the classes: tango de salón, tango fantasia, modern tango, vals and milonga. The classes will focus on technique, as well as on detailed refinements regarding posture, axis & balance, embrace, foot work, adornos, musicality, leading and following. Students will learn new movements, figures and sequences, but the main goal is to create a more harmonious, comfortable and enjoyable dance.
The tango workshops are taught in a spacious, air conditioned dancing room, with sprung floor. The classes mainly take place after breakfast and before dinner. Each group will have one full day without classes, to have time to explore the region.
A detailed programme of the classes will be sent to the participants about one month before the start of the holidays. The classes will be taught in English. The teachers also speak French, Dutch, German, Spanish and Italian…
Normally the lessons are reserved for the participants of the tango holiday. If, at the moment the holiday starts, there is room in certain groups, lessons can also be taken à la carte.
Depending on the Covid-19 situation, we will try to organise one special milonga together with local tangueros, with a performance by the guest teachers.
We will have to wait and see whether some of the other milongas can be open for outsiders of the tango holidays, too.
A stand of Tangolera tango shoes and Rossa Spina tango clothes is present at the hotel during the holidays.
Registrations for the classes can only be done in couples. We try to help singles to find a partner by bringing them into contact with each other. Once registered as a dance couple, however, it is no longer possible to switch partners. So please verify that the relationship between the two dancers is good enough, before registering as a dance couple.
Those who want to find a partner can send an e-mail with age, height, level and languages or place an ad on the facebook group.
- Arrival is foreseen on Saturday 24 July or Saturday 31st July before dinner (19h00). Departure on Saturday 31st July or Saturday 7th 9 August after breakfast.
- For tango guests who want to arrive earlier or stay longer and for people who accompany dancers (spouses, children, babysitters …) we have negotiated a more favorable group price. To benefit of the discount price, reservations must be made via Marisa only, also for the non-dancers and the extra days. In exchange for the more favorable group price, a small commission will be charged for the organization. Book your extra days at the time of the reservation to benefit of the best conditions.
ATTENTION: the possibilities to extend your stay after the first week or before the second week are limited because the departure day of the first group is the same as the arrival day of the second group.
- Also people who do not want to participate in the classes, but want to participate in the milongas only, can benefit of a discount group price to stay in the hotel, by booking via Marisa only, subject to availability. Participants who take the full package of hotel + classes + milongas have priority.
3 of the 4 Zacchera Hotels are located in Baveno. The 4th (Bristol) is in nearby Stresa.
Milano Malpensa – 45 km
Milano Linate – 90 km
Line Cisalpina Milano/Genève – Station Stresa/Baveno
Route by car
From the north (Belgium, the Netherlands, France, etc): Go to the South via the Gotthard Tunnel (CH). Shortly after the exit of the tunnel (+/- 30 minutes), take exit 47 Bellinzona Sud/Locarno. Take the A13 Locarno Tenero, follow the road towards Ascona. Enter Italy, follow Cannobbio, Cannero Rivera, Ghiffa, Intra, Verbania, Baveno, Stresa.
All hotel reservations have to be made only via Marisa. Do not contact the hotel directly if you wish to benefit of the group prices or participate in the tango activities.
Registrations start on March 15th, 2021. To reserve your tango holidays, please send the complete details of both dancers, the chosen dates and the preferred level to Marisa (NL, FR, EN, DE, IT, ES) via email@example.com. be. Phone: +32 479 22 86 98.
NB. Only in July and August you can also reach us by this Italian telephone number is: +39 333 48 75 822.
> Please indicate your participation and share our Facebook event: https://www.facebook.com/events/461920191920951/