Trial classes tango
Before the start of a new series of weekly classes for beginners, we propose several trial lessons.
In the current COVID-19 crisis, it is required to register with a dancing partner (if needed we can help you find one).
For a trial class, 2 ladies or 2 men can also participate together.
Upcoming free trial classes @ La Tangueria:
If you have missed the free trials you can attend a trial/catch-up class.
After this catch-up, you can immediately participate in the 2nd class of the series (dates below).
Price: the trial sessions organised by La Tangueria are free, but reservation is compulsory via mail, Whatsapp (+32479228698) or the registration form because the number of places is limited, or if there are not many registrations, the trial could be canceled. Come as you are, as a couple (preferably) or alone. The trial can also be done with a person of the same gender, but if you prefer to be put in contact with a lady or a gentleman before, you can fill out a partner form and we will try to find a suitable partner for you .If you wish to be informed about our future initiations (free trials, series, workshops), register for our intiations mailing list.
Weekly tango classes for beginners
New series of weekly beginners’ courses start after each school holiday. An introductory course usually consists of 5 weekly lessons of 70 minutes.
The weekend series consist of 10 two-hour sessions, twice a month.
Several new series of LEVEL 1 will start in September @ La Tangueria:
New series of 7 beginners classes will take place on Sunday afternoon 2 x per month.
A shorter series of 5 weekly classes is proposed on Wednesday evening.
A group can be formed with a minimum of 6 registered couples.
To register, send a mail with the coordinates of both dancers, and the day you prefer.
Price: 145€ pp
(7 x 120 minutes)
Price: 60€ pp
(5x 70 minutes)
6, 13, 20/10
Price: 60€ pp
(5x 70 minutes)
9, 16, 23/11
- For those who missed the free trial classes, the first 30 minutes of the 1st class of a new series can be tried for free
- Students and <26 years: 20%discount.
- Missed classes can be caught up in another group or a Discovery workshop.
- Registrations for shorter series are possible if there are places left (10€ is deducted per class less). This has to be mentioned at the moment of registration.7
- It is possible to join the group until the 3rd class. To join after the 3nd class, a small session to catch up can be organised beforehand.
- A follow-up (Level 1A ) is proposed after the the first series.
- Beginners with knowledge of the basics (min. 3 classes), can directly join the LEVEL 1A.
- More info under weekly classes.
Tango discovery workshops
If you want to discover tango in a nutshell, you can participate in one or more of our compact workshops. The programme of these Discovery sessions is each time different, as the teachers approach the basics of tango from different angles.
No tango experience is required to participate, but also those who already know some of the basics will discover in each edition new elements of the tango vocabulary. Our Discovery workshops are thus a valid alternative to learn tango also for those who don’t have the possibility to take part in a regular weekly class.
They are proposed in 2 x 90 minutes, over 1 or 2 days.
We propose a Discovery workshops at a regular basis.
Next dates of Discovery workshops @ La Tangueria:
|WEDNESDAY 29/9 19:30>21:30
Price: 25€ pp for 120 min.
> Participants of the discovery workshop will be able to join one of the level 1 courses afterwards, on Wednesday or Sunday.
Because a minimum of 6 couples is required for the workshop to take place, and the maximum number of places is limited to 12, registration is required through the registration form.NB: Next date: 25/9, same hours.
- Unless stated otherwise, all activities take place in La Tangueria.
- It takes 2 to tango, so you need to register with a partner (except for the trial classes). We can help you find one via the partner form.
- All classes are in English and/or French; we also speak Dutch, Spanish, Italian and German.
- No dress code is required: wear your daily office or leisure clothes and shoes; for ladies high heels (4>8 cm) are optimal.
- Payments can be done upfront by bank transfer or on the first day in cash. We don’t accept cheques, credit or bank cards.
- If you wish to be informed about our future initiations (trials, series, workshops), register for our intiations mailing list.